Friday, October 24, 2008

No, Miss Palin. Being close to Russia doesn't count as foreign policy experience.

The title above is based on a remark that Sarah Palin allegedly mentioned that she has foreign policy experience because the state where she came from [she's the governor of Alaska] is close to Russia. I just find it funny.

Thanks to a peculiar sleeping habit, sleeping at 4:30AM, I woke up at around 9AM just before my dad left to do some groceries with my aunt. I stayed at home and watched Game 2 of the Major League Baseball World Series. I'm rooting for the Tampa Bay Rays to win it all this year seeing that they overcame the defending champions Red Sox and my personal pick at the start of the season, New York Yankees. I enjoyed watching the game, though the only gripe I have with the game is that it takes so long to finish. The average game time is around 3 hours, so its not for everyone.

I finally got to finish reading The Bourne Betrayal today and it was a really good read if you're into that genre. I stayed online for a good part of the afternoon chatting with a lot of people [which doesn't happen often, mind you]. Former teammates, wavemates, and close friends were all online so I was able to somewhat catch up with what's happening with them.

I went out and had dinner with my bestest friend. It was just a short meeting, a little bit of catching up with each other. After the past few times wherein our plans didn't go through, this one did and this time, she's the one who waited for me, mind you though, not because I'm late. It's because she was so early. Before 9PM, I'm back at home, to the surprise of even my dad. Haha.

It's my college friend Lou Bryan's birthday today. There were initial plans to meet up and celebrate but I'm not sure if it pushed through. No matter, I'll just take the chance to greet him anyway. Happy Birthday! Hawohey~!

What else to do? Hm. Time to head over and watch Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart report the political news. Someone might note that it both Colbert and Stewart are comedians and not really news reporters, but then again, they make more sense than what most people come up with these days anyway, and in a more entertaining fashion.

No comments: