Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Book: Twisted 7 by Jessica Zafra

After reading my cousin's copy of Twisted 5 and 6, finding both to be good reads, though a bit outdated, since it pertains to blog entries [or possibly column material] from five or six years ago. I got myself a copy of "The 500 People You Meet In Hell" thinking that it would take me awhile to read the whole book. But alas, it took me an hour and a half to finish the book. I felt a bit ripped off, since I expect actual reading material [and not much illustrations], especially from a book that Jessica Zafra has written. It was definitely full of irony, which she specializes, so it wasn't a complete loss.

I got Twisted 7 a week ago, and I figure to read it over the week during times of idle time. I'll post another entry once I'm finished going through it. Right now, I am just wondering as to why I bought a book which is in essence a collection of blog entries from years past? I got duped, methinks. But then again, there's not too many places where you can read irony and seeming cynicism and get to enjoy it as well.

She happens to have an online home, which I found at Wikipedia. You can go to www.jessicarulestheuniverse.com for regular updates on tennis, movies, and cats. And of course herself. Can't have a blog without talking about oneself every now and then.

No comments: