Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paalam Dolphy

Dolphy's Walk of Fame star in Eastwood City, Libis
It has been a fairly surreal past few days with the seemingly sudden passing of comedy king Rodolfo "Dolphy" Quizon. After a week or two of improving diagnosis while still in the ICU, it came off as a curveball out of nowhere that his body betrayed him. Six decades of comedy gold, before age inevitably caught up with him. He barely missed his 84th birthday by 14 days.


I started watching Home Along Da Riles when I was younger. That's a decade's dose of weekly comedy growing up. It was an event, not only for me, but for the family, and my cousins. All these years and only yesterday that I thought as to how they could be neighbors with Nova Villa [who plays a rich woman], when they're supposedly living in the slums? Then again, the comedy more than made up for the loopholes in the storyline.

Thank you, sir. I would not prolong this by saying I watched all your movies [I didn't], and/or having a monologue of your accomplishments [everyone can look that up]. This is my corner in cyberspace, and on this short notice, I just want to say thanks for the memories.

No comments: