Thursday, November 15, 2007

Answering inquiries regarding the Asus EEE PC

I read some feedback and inquiries after I posted my EEE PC review, and since Blogger is having some problems adding my comment, I might as well post another entry to answer the questions.

Reader Ed mentioned that just like me, he's been following the EEE trail ever since it was first revealed that Asus was working on an affordable ultraportable computer. He seems to have backed off because portability is not a top priority for his job. I certainly do understand the sentiment, as the EEE PC should be considered mainly for its portability, and not much else. Regarding his note though that he's going to try and impress his wife on how cool Linux is. Well, Linux certainly looks almost like Windows these days with all the graphical enhancements that has been added, so now is as good a time as any to impress the wife regarding how neat Linux is.

An anonymous reader asked if I have attempted to use a USB hard drive and checked the performance. I have used an external USB hard drive and it seems to work fine. I'm not sure though if it is a good idea to do so since if left in a not-so-well ventilated area, it tends to get pretty warm. That seems to be a drawback I initially missed with it, though its not a serious concern.

No comments: